General Tips & Tricks to Crack JEE Main 2020
The following plans can help you in the preparation of JEE Main 2020:
- Candidates should give equal importance to all subjects, prepare a timetable and follow it religiously.
- Taking a break of at least 5 to 10 minutes after every one or two hours of regular study is essential. When you take a break, stay completely relaxed. Overnight studies are not recommended and you should sleep for at least 5 to 6 hours at night.
- At present, there are many preparation books available in the market for JEE Main but candidates must choose wisely the books for their preparation. It is advisable to avoid the study material, which has repetitive questions on the basis of the same concept.
- Apart from practice books available in the market, candidates should not ignore NCERT books as they are enough to solve at least the conceptual problems in the entrance examination. NCERT books of Physics and Chemistry will give you the essential basic concepts.
- Candidates should focus on resolving problems on their own. They should not seek solutions without trying the questions. They should start with conventional ways of solving, while gradually improving. In short, candidates should be able to create their own shortcuts and ways to solve the problem.
- In addition to the books, candidates should pay attention to JEE Main’s last year’s question paper. This will help them manage their time in the examination. By solving these papers, candidates will get an idea of examination pattern, the total number of questions, time duration and weightage of questions.
- JEE Main exam is not difficult, but tricky. Due to the lack of planning on how to write the exam, many candidates fail to score in JEE Main. Once all the subjects are covered, candidates should target doing at least one mock examination per week.
- Speed and accuracy are important aspects, they will come with the comprehensive practice of mock papers. On the day of the exam, candidates should spend the first 15 minutes of the examination on reading the instructions of the question paper.
- Candidates should not ignore their health while preparing for the exam. They should do some meditation and yoga, it will help them develop inner strength, peace, confidence, and concentration power.
- Candidates preparing for the exam should not stress themselves. It is necessary to sleep for 5 to 6 hours each night, especially 3 to 4 days before the exam. Aspirants may take short naps as they help maintain freshness, but they must avoid oversleeping during the day.